Is it time for a recipe??! YES!!! I was craving brownies (thank you time of the month, you’re a bitch) so I of course turned to my Pinterest and looked up healthy brownies. When I scrolled and came across the title The Best Heathier Brownies I had to check it out. OH.M.GEEE these are amazing!! I can’t take credit for this recipe it’s from the blog Chelsea’s Messy Apron and if you give them a try you won’t be disappointed and nobody will know they are actually considered healthy! They are made with no flour, no refined white sugar, no butter and no eggs!
~1 and 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips separated
~1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (I used avocado oil as I didn’t have any coconut oil)
~1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (I used plain 2% Greek yogurt for less calories and more protein)
~1 teaspoon vanilla extract
~1/2 teaspoon salt (I only use sea salt I never buy or use table salt)
~1/2 teaspoon baking soda
~1/2 cup coconut sugar
~3/4 cup oat flour (just blend regular oats in you bender)
1) Preheat oven to 350degrees F. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and then spray with nonstick spray (I use either a coconut or avocado spray)
2) In a bowl place 1 cup of chocolate chips and set aside
3A) If using coconut oil microwave and measure in its melted state. Pour hot oil over dark chocolate and stir until melted.
3B) If using avocado oil measure normally and pour over dark chocolate. Microwave and stir every 30 seconds until melted.
4) Add in Greek yogurt
5) Stir in vanilla, salt, baking soda and coconut sugar.
6) Add in your oat flour and stir.
7) After well combined stir in the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
8) Spread the very thick mixture in your prepared pan. Bake for 28-32 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
9) Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
*do not over bake. Brownies are known for having a more fudgy-like consistency
There is an optional frosting recipe that I didn’t make, I found the brownies yummy and sweet enough without it but if you’d like to try it check her out on Pinterest or her website http://www.chelseasmessyapron.com.
Try them out guys and enjoy!!